Saturday, October 11, 2008

Savior Redeemer of My Soul

"Savior Redeemer of my soul, Whose mighty hand hath made me whole, whose wondrous pow'r hath raised me up and filled with sweet my bitter cup. What tongue my gratitude can tell, O gracious God of Israel."

There are many times in our lives when we cannot see why God gives us the challenges or allows the challenges we have to be perpetuated. It seems as if I am the only one who struggles and questions and doubts. And then this scripture comes to mind.
"Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you whom I love, and whom I love I also chasten that their sins may be forgiven, for with the chastisement I prepare a way for their deliverance in all things out of temptation, and I have loved you—" D&C 95:1

Yet as we repent, we find that exquisite joy that only Christ can bring. And because of this joy, I would now consider myself a happy person. I love to make people smile. It makes me feel so much better about the world around us.

God wants us to change. He desires us to be counted worthy at the last days. Through Jesus Christ this is possible. My Lord, my God, my King suffered and died for me. Because of Him I will be embraced my Mercy's Arms in the Eternities. How can I help but rejoice?

No comments: