Friday, October 17, 2008

Come Thou Font

Here's a list of today's activities: Book of Mormon, paper visiting with Virginia, Honors 292R, Heidi-Jacob bonding moments, lunch, civ, giggling, laughter, "sexy" from Prof Griggs, blushing, piano, recital realization announcement, purple platypus sighting near my favorite building at BYU, Honors course kickoff, Parish and Bible Class, LSH friends that I have longed to see again,Welsh with food and complex grammar, Heidi's friend, hiding at the MOA, SarahJane, missionary tag, laughing my guts out, speed walking, bruising myself at the HFAC, eating, laundry, thinking about sleeping.

So I recently rediscovered this thing I was obsessed with my Senior year after my seminary teacher showed it to us in class. Here's the link.
http://mabrystudios.typepad.com/reflections_of_christ

The reason I love this version of the song so much is because of the feeling the pictures give me in combination with the song. One of my favorite ones is the women with Christ as He is on the ground. The other one is Christ anointing the eyes of the blind man. I think that often in my life, I long for that healing that only Jesus Christ can bring. And somehow I think I have finally found that.

When I first came to BYU, I felt a little more than intimidated. I was downright terrified. I didn't know if I was supposed to come to BYU. In fact, I didn't know what I was really supposed to do about anything. But now that I am here, I have seen how Jesus Christ has healed me in a way unimaginable before now. Despite the few lingering problems that I have with my ward, I am happy. I am happy. I am happy.

And that's the best news I have.

No comments: